Backdoor Garbage Pick-Up Service
Memorial Forest residents in Houston
have private trash collection provided by Residential Recycling & Refuse of
Texas (RRRT). Residents pay for the
service through the Civic Association’s “annual assessment”. The fee is based on the RRRT’s pricing and is
reduced, modestly, through a rebate from the City of Houston.
If you are receiving service and have not paid
your assessment, you are subject to having your service cut-off.
Memorial Forest residents who reside in Bunker Hill Village have trash
pickup provided by Republic Waste.
Trash Pickup Guidelines
drivers and helpers wear company uniforms which ensure the customer can
identify them as RRRT employees; and are background checked and E-verified.
· Trash service days are Wednesday & Saturday.
· Memorial Forest (MFCC) has contracted with RRRT
to provide trash pickup services ONLY. This does not include recycling at this
· Residents must provide their own trash container(s) –
any size, shape or color is acceptable.
· Backdoor/Garage door services will be provided between
7:00 am and 6:00 pm.
· Household garbage and Yard Waste will be picked up at
the Backdoor/Garage door or behind the gate.
· Per pickup day, RRRT will collect up to six (6) cans
of properly contained household waste.
· Bulk items/heavy trash will be collected curbside on
Wednesday & Saturday. There is a limit of one item per household per pick
· All trash and
yard waste should be placed in sturdy plastic bags, or trash cans, weighing no more than 40
· All branches and tree trimmings should be no more than
3 inches in diameter and no longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles must be securely tied and weigh less
than (40) forty pounds each.
· Excluded items: It is illegal to transport any hazardous waste in a trash truck and
dispose of it in a landfill. Hazardous
waste includes: medical waste, toxic or
radioactive waste, any appliance containing Freon, acids, car batteries, dead
animals, and chemicals of any kind, car parts, car tires, and construction
trash (includes concrete, large quantities of carpeting, fencing, rolls of
carpet or any construction type material or debris). Other excluded items include: Large pieces of glass (must be broken down in
smaller pieces and placed in a closed box and labeled), metal items, improperly
contained animal waste (animal waste must be placed in a sealed bag to be
· Excluded Liquid Waste - Toxic or radioactive waste,
Freon, paint, acids, petroleum products or filters are not accepted, cooking
oil, or chemicals of any kind.
· Any CFC (Freon) item must be properly tagged by
certified technician that all Freon has been properly removed in accordance
with the Federal Clean Air Act regulations. If items are not tagged, they will be left at curb.
· Bulk items which are too large for Contractor to put
in with the normal weekly pickup may be collected separately upon request. Party requesting service will be billed
separately at a negotiated price depending on size, quantity and handling
required to remove and dispose of item(s).
· Holidays observed are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day,
Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on a scheduled pickup
day, service will be the next day.
Questions & Concerns:
For questions or
concerns please contact your neighborhood
representative; Vicki Ruman by phone: (H) 713-468-1435 or (C) 281-726-2266 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org