TRASH/GARBAGE PICKUP GUIDELINES
MEMORIAL FOREST CIVIC CLUB CONTRACT
EFFECTIVE: May 1st 2021
RECYCLING SERVICE WAS ADDED EFFECTIVE JUNE 2ND (WEDNESDAYS)
Backdoor Garbage Pick-Up Service
Memorial Forest residents in Houston have private trash collection provided by Texas Pride Disposal. Residents pay for the service through the Civic Association’s “annual assessment”. The fee is based on the Texas Pride Disposal pricing and is reduced, modestly, through a rebate from the City of Houston.
If you are receiving service and have not paid your assessment, you are subject to having your service cut-off.
Memorial Forest residents who reside in Bunker Hill Village have trash pickup provided by Republic Waste.
- Texas Pride Disposal currently provides garbage/trash services to the subdivisions that comprise the Memorial Forest Civic Club, along with the north side of the 12200 block of Perthshire and excluding residents of Bunker Hill Village.
- Residents must provide their own trash container(s) – any size (not to exceed 96 gallons), shape, or color is acceptable.
- Service days and Hours – Trash service days are Wednesday and Saturday, approximately between the hours of 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Household Trash – Waste should be placed in personal trash cans between 20 and 96 gallons and under 50 pounds or sturdy bags not exceeding 50 pounds. Wast should be place at the garage, side-yard gate, or curbside. Texas Pride Disposal will not enter security gates.
- Yard Waste – Yard waste should be bagged or placed in cans not exceeding 50 pounds. Up to six bags of yard waste will be collected at the garage or side-yard gate. Additional bags should be placed curbside. Branches should be placed curbside, tied and bundled measuring no more than 4’x4’x4′ and under 50 pounds. Limit 8 bundles per service day.
- Bulk items/heavy trash – Texas Pride Disposal will collect two heavy trash/bulk items per service day. Items include furniture, appliances, carpeting (tied and bundled) fencing (nails removed, tied and bundled under 4′ in length) and other items not disposed of regularly. Items should be curbside.
- Excluded Items: The following items cannot be collected: dirt, rocks, brick, concrete, liquid paints, fuels, oils, tires, pesticides, fertilizer and batteries. Please contact us to discuss solutions for proper disposal of these items.
There will be no pickup on New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Service will resume on the next regularly scheduled collection day.
Questions, Concerns, & Complaints
Please contact our neighborhood representative, Paul Margraves at 713-962-8454
Texas Pride Disposal 281-342-8178
Click Here for Texas Pride Disposal Guidelines
Click here for Texas Pride Recycling Guidelines
Click Here for Texas Pride Contract